Latest News

 Learn about Lawyer’s E&O and Add a New Product to Your Agency (12/7/2020)  

 Got a MA Health License? Use It to Show Clients Your Value (12/7/2020)  

Number One PFML ImageA great way to add value for your commercial clients is to offer them a private, stand-alone MA PFML policy at rates that are competitive with the state plan! MAIA’s Number One Insurance Agency can assist you in writing a private PFML policy for your clients with 25+ employees. It’s a win-win. They get good value for required coverage, and you add a new revenue line to your commissions.

Our dedicated team will work with you, offering the guidance you need to help your clients meet the state-mandated PFML benefit requirements. (By the way, we can also help you with this coverage if you need it for your business if you’re located in MA and have 25+ employees!)

Visit the Private MA PFML webpage to learn more! 

And check out our UPDATED COMMISSION SCHEDULE to see how much you can earn as a broker on PFML and all of the other markets you can access through Number One! 

We look forward to helping you serve your customers and protect your business in 2021!

Ann Tobin, CIC, CISR
Vice President of Agency Services

 Claim or Revalidate Your Free ACORD Forms License (12/7/2020)  

ACORD Forms Renewal Image

A little over a year ago, the Big “I” and ACORD worked out an arrangement that allows member agencies (including MAIA members) with an annual group gross P&C revenue under $50 million to obtain a complimentary license to use ACORD Forms through their agency management system. (Big "I" members under $1 million in annual group gross revenue may subscribe to the ACORD Advantage Plus program at a discounted rate.) If you are already taking advantage of this Big “I” member benefit, don’t forget that your license requires annual renewal. If you meet the criteria but haven’t yet registered with ACORD, claim your license today! 

Go to ACORD’s Forms Subscriptions & Licensing page, scroll down to the section titled Big “I” Forms End User License, and click Claim Your License.

For background information about the Big “I”/ACORD agreement, refer to this post and FAQs from when the program started in early 2020: Big "I" Members Receive ACORD Forms Licenses

Questions? Email ACORD’s Member Services Department (



Discover Membership Benefits

There are two ways to become a member of the largest trade association for independent insurance agents and brokers in Massachusetts.