MAIA AILP Scholarships
MAIA annually awards 5 AILP (Accredited Insurance Lines Professional) Scholarships to individuals beginning, pursuing, or renewing their designation. A scholarship covers tuition for 1 AILP class if the designation has not been earned yet or 1 MAIA AILP renewal class if the designation has been made. Related costs (travel, accommodations, meals, etc.) are not covered. Once awarded, the scholarship must be used within one year. Scholarships cannot be used retroactively for classes already completed. The application period opens each year in January, and the submission deadline is April 1.
To be eligible, the applicant must:
- Work for a MAIA Member Insurance Agency in good standing.
- Have at least two years of work experience in the insurance industry.
- Intend on completing and achieving the designation.
- Demonstrate a commitment to continuing professional education.
The application deadline is April 1, 2024. Download the application.
For questions, please contact Melissa Menard at [email protected]
Outstanding CSR of the Year Awards from National Alliance
Nominate your best customer service representatives or account managers for the Outstanding CSR of the Year (OCSRY) award from the National Alliance. The competition is open to any insurance professionals primarily responsible for customer service who have distinguished themselves through their commitment and contributions to the industry. Candidates may also nominate themselves. It is recommended that candidates have a minimum of two years of industry experience.
Nominees must submit a completed entry form, which includes letters of recommendation, information about their career achievements, and a 500 to 1,000-word essay on an assigned topic.
- Nominees compete at the state level to become one of five state finalists.
- State winners must submit a short video to be eligible for the National Competition. National Alliance will be reaching out to state winners with more details.
- State finalists receive a $500 cash award and a gold and garnet pin and advance to the national competition.
- The national winner receives a $2,000 cash award and a gold and diamond pin.
- In addition, individuals who nominate the national winner receive a $1,000 cash award.
2024 information coming soon!
Send the completed form to Colleen Lahna at [email protected]
MA Workforce Training Funds
The Workforce Training Fund is a state fund that provides financial resources to Massachusetts businesses to train current and newly hired employees. Several MAIA classes are approved for the Workforce Training Fund Express Program.
- Read the Express Program Application Guidelines here. Eligible MAIA courses are listed under the Provider Name “Massachusetts Association of Insurance Agents” in the Express Course Directory.
- Applicants should submit an online application at least 21 days before the desired training start date.
Questions? Please email [email protected].
1752 Club Scholarships
These two scholarships are offered to insurance professionals pursuing CIC and CISR designations. Scholarships are awarded to cover the cost of one CIC/CISR Course.
Robert C. Dwelly Scholarship: 2024 information is coming soon!
Edward B. Caulkins Scholarship: 2024 information is coming soon!
Philip J. Farrell Memorial Scholarship
Two $2,000 college scholarships are available to graduating high school seniors with a relative (Parent, Step-Parent, Grandparent, Aunt, or Uncle) employed at an independent insurance agency in Massachusetts. Preference is given to agencies that are Massachusetts Association of Insurance Agents (MAIA) members.
2024 information is coming soon!