AILP Issues: Commercial Property
This is a MAIA Program.
This class is part of MAIA’s Accredited Insurance Lines Professional (AILP) program. AILP courses are appropriate for any insurance agency employee who wants to build a solid base of practical knowledge to facilitate their career performance and advancement — agency producers, account managers, CSRs, underwriters, adjusters, etc.
Participants should have at least two years’ experience in the field of insurance and have completed beginners’ insurance courses in the fundamental topics (or have a producer license).
• Knowing how to amend property when you need to – additional covered property endorsement for excluded property; property not covered endorsement to avoid
duplication; specific property endorsements for certain property types such as signs, antennas, landscaping; New options for tenants and building items; drones
• Endorsements affecting loss settlement such as manufacturers selling price, margin clause, value reporting form, ordinance or law and debris removal,
vacancy change options
• Adding other interests – loss payable or adding building owner
• Business income issues – Coinsurance; described premises or not; BII time period exclusion; ordinance or law consideration; BII form vs. BII in BOP; amending the
period of restoration; dependent property consideration; BII and loss to vehicles; drones and BII
*this class previously called AILP Core: Commercial Property Issues
Sign-in begins 30 minutes prior to the class start time.
8:00 am to 3:00 pm
GL NUMBER: 220337
PRICE: Members: $155 / Non-Members: $255
STATE COURSE NUMBER: 20494
Your link for the webinar will be emailed to you 1-2 weeks prior to the class. Reminders will also be sent 24 hours and 1 hour prior to the class.Online
Exam Information The online exam will open at 3:30 PM on the day of the class, and close at 3:30 PM the following day. You may take it any time within that timeframe, but once you start, you will have 60 minutes to complete it.
- You will need to have a disinterested third-party proctor to monitor you while taking the online exam and sign an affidavit.
- On the day of the exam, you will receive an email with exam access information and a downloadable Affidavit form. Prior to taking the exam, please review the Affidavit and fill out the top of the form. The proctor will then need to complete and sign the bottom of the form.
Taking the test is NOT required to earn CE but is required if you wish to earn the designation.