CISR HS- Life Cycle of a Contractor- Starts a Business
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
This course is geared towards students who have a good level of understanding of commercial lines policies and want to dig deeper into the insurance needs of a commercial lines contractor.
This course can be taken by anyone however it also is it also part of a National Designation program called the Certified Insurance Service Representative (CISR) program and will update that designation if you already have it. If you are interested in seeing the courses involved and earning the designation, that information can be found HERE.
- Carl Carpenter works for a construction company:
- Part 1: Driving to work MAP/PAP, paid to drive coworkers, paid to bring supplies to jobsite... policy change?
- Part 2: Buys more tools/equipment, boss pays for right to use - HO-4 coverage?
- Carl Carpenter decides to start own business and needs CGL.. what is it? what does it do?
- Part 3: Hired by Turner Construction and needs to prove additional insured status, WC coverage, requires certificates showing primary and non-contributory
- Part 4: Hires an employee - independent contractor or employee? Crossing state lines...State law and election of coverage... benefits?
- Part 5: Decides to become LLC - has issues with WC coverage, name change for CGL? .. BAP in personal name - what about LLC?
- Part 6: Now married and gives wife company car - what is missing?, commercial umbrella, mobile equipment issues with new CGL
COURSE DETAILS & POLICIES:
Cancellation/Refund Policy: There will be a $55.00 penalty fee if we are not notified in advance of three (3) business days of the scheduled class. Failure to cancel prior to the class will result in the loss of the full registration fee.
Late Registrants: Please call 48 hours in advance of a class to ensure availability. A $10 charge will be added to all walk-ins and registrations received within 24 hours of the class.
Date: October 19, 2017
Time: 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Location: Holiday Inn
4 Highwood Drive
Tewksbury, MA 01876
Price: $170.00 members / $170.00 non-members
CEUs: S – please note that CEUs need to be added to your order when you check out. If you want CEUs, a request form will be given to you at the class. You will need to fill out this form and turn in any payment, if applicable, to get the CEUs.
GL Number: 251180