Pennsylvania Reconstructed Titles
A number of Pennsylvania Reconstructed Titles have been obtained fraudulently without having a salvage inspection completed. These vehicles require an inspection prior to registration in Massachusetts except in the following scenarios:
- Pennsylvania Reconstructed Titles with an issue date prior to 01/01/2019
- Pennsylvania Reconstructed Titles presented by an individual with a valid MVU-29 (Affidavit in Support of a Claim for Exemption from Sales or Use Tax for a Motor Vehicle Purchased Outside of Massachusetts)
All other customers with Pennsylvania Reconstructed Titles must follow these steps to register their vehicles in Massachusetts:
- Apply for a Massachusetts Salvage Title. Refer customers to the Apply for a Salvage Title page on the RMV website.
- Pass a Massachusetts Salvage Inspection. Refer customers to the Salvage Inspections page on the RMV website.
- Obtain a Massachusetts Reconstructed Title. Refer customers to the Apply for a Recovered Theft or Reconstructed Title page on the RMV website.
Read the FULL RMV UPDATE HERE.
FOR REGISTRY-RELATED QUESTIONS, YOU MAY ALSO CONTACT MAIA'S MEMBER RELATIONS ADVOCATE, KATHY CORMIER, AT [email protected] OR 508-634-7353.