E&O Risk Mgmt: The Challenge of Change I
|WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
This course is geared towards all agency personnel who need to know how to prevent E&O exposures in the office. This is a VIDEO presentation.
By attending this seminar, Swiss Re Corporate Solutions & Utica Policyholders may meet the educational requirements needed for a possible discount on their E&O policy! Please contact the Number One Insurance Agency for details at (800) 742-6363.
- Review the concepts of the law of agency including how the agency relationship is established.
- Explore key provisions of agency agreements that could create potential E&O exposures and review some E&O considerations in working with carrier underwriting guidelines.
- Identify both the general state and federal laws that effect all insurance agency operations.
- Explore how an agent’s standard of care is determined along with key components for determining negligence on the part of the agent.
- Review the exposures that may cause an uncovered claim, supported by current statistics, in order to identify those areas that require a focus of risk management efforts.
- Review some of the key considerations affecting an agency faced with a potential E&O claim.
- Understand the need to document, what is meant by “good documentation,” the advantage of using disclaimer language and other key documentation points.
- Review how risk assessment questionnaires and coverage checklists can play an important role in providing another layer of defense for an agency against some of the more common E&O allegations.
- Explore areas in the agency’s daily operations that may open the agency up to an E&O loss.
- Review some of the E&O exposures with the use of social media.
COURSE DETAILS & POLICIES:
Cancellation/Refund Policy: There will be a $35.00 penalty fee if we are not notified in advance of three (3) business days of the scheduled class. Failure to cancel will result in loss of full registration fee.
Late Registrants: Please call 48 hours in advance of a class to ensure availability. A $10 charge will be added to all walk-ins and registrations received within 24 hours of the class.
Book Options: A pdf manual is available for this class at no extra charge. Should you choose this option at checkout, you will receive an email with a link to download the pdf three days prior to the class date. If you choose to purchase a Hard Copy Book for an additional $10, it will be available for you at the class site.
Date: May 17, 2017
Time: 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Location: Association Headquarters
91 Cedar Street
Milford, MA 01757
Price: $85.00 members / $170.00 non-members
CEUs: 6 – please note that CEUs need to be added to your order when you check out.
GL Number: 251701 Prometric Number: C46193