CRIS- Property Insurance for Contractors
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
The Construction Risk and Insurance Specialist (CRIS®) program is a specialized curriculum focusing on the insurance and risk management needs of construction projects and contractors. Anyone who designs, sells, buys, or underwrites construction insurance programs should consider taking the CRIS program. This course in particular focuses on builders risk and contractors equipment insurance, including suggestions for maximizing the effectiveness of the coverages. It also includes a review of important concepts with respect to insuring the contractor's office or other permanent property. Topics include covered and excluded property, covered and excluded perils, covered parties, and alternative methods of reporting covered values. Various policy provisions that impact the scope of coverage – such as subrogation, occupancy, and cancellation – are also examined. Suggestions for modifying coverage to address potential coverage gaps and other problematic provisions are provided where appropriate.
This course is part of a National Designation program called the Construction Risk and Insurance Specialist (CRIS) program. Each program can certainly be taken as a standalone class, but if you are interested in seeing the courses involved and earning the designation, that information can be found HERE.
- Property Risks and Insurance Overview
- Commercial Property Insurance: Insuring Agreement, Covered Property, Covered Locations, and Additional Coverages
- Commercial Property Insurance: Covered Causes of Loss and Other Important Provisions
- Commercial Property Insurance: Time Element Coverage
- Builders Risk Coverage: Covered Property and Additional Coverages
- Builders Risk: Covered Causes of Loss
- Builders Risk: Other Important Provisions
- Builders Risk: Delayed Completion/Soft Costs Coverage
- Contractors Equipment: Covered Locations, Covered Property, and Additional Coverages
- Contractors Equipment: Covered Causes of Loss and Other Important Provisions
- Other Policies: Commercial Crime and Equipment Breakdown
|Read Class Reviews...
Excellent instructor. He keeps the audiences attention while teaching the subject matter. It was a pleasure taking the CRIS classes with him.
A Pepin, HUB, 2015
Very engaging instructor - more so than any other instructor in 21 years!
K. Reeves, Bradley Wellington Group, 2015
COURSE DETAILS & POLICIES:
Cancellation/Refund Policy: There will be a $105.00 penalty fee if we are not notified in advance of 14 business days of the scheduled CRIS class. Failure to cancel will result in loss of full registration fee.
Late Registrants: Please call 48 hours in advance of a class to ensure availability. A $10 charge will be added to all walk-ins and registrations received within 24 hours of the class.
Book Options: A pdf manual is available for this class at no extra charge. Should you choose this option at checkout, you will receive an email with a link to download the pdf three days prior to the class date. If you choose to purchase a Hard Copy Book for an additional $10, it will be available for you at the class site.
Date: April 27, 2017
Time: 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Location: Association Headquarters
91 Cedar Street
Milford, MA 01757
Price: $195.00 members / $295.00 non-members
CEUs: 7 – please note that CEUs need to be added to your order when you check out.
GL Number: 251307 Prometric Number: C69340